Saturday, March 13, 2010

Home on the Range


A couple of days ago, I found an old penny by our hay shed. When it rains or the wind blows, all kinds of old stuff magically appears after being buried for years. I brought the penny in and cleaned it up and to my wonderful surprise, it was a 1909 penny and it had an "S" on it. This was absolutely amazing because I wrote my book about this exact penny which is very rare. It isn't in great condition so I could never sell it but it means so much to me because it was in the last place I would have ever imagined!

I was telling an old farmer about this today and he said there was an old homestead once where I found the old penny. It was fun to talk to him and learn about the area before my barn was built there. I still think that penny was sent to find me!

1 comment: